[ebooktalk] Re: What to read next?

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:07:12 +0100

I read it a while back on TB Dave.  It's an odd thing.   Its structured in a
slightly odd way and parts of the story come from the contents of three
notebooks, the black, the blue and the golden one.  The black relates to time
the narrator spent in Africa, the blue to her contemporary life in somewhat
bohemian London and the golden one has more arty, esoteric and philosophical
jottings.  It is also quite of its time and feels like something which was
written in the mid 60s.  However, I finished it so I can't have found it as
tough as memory makes it seem.  I'd be very interested in your reaction to it
and views on it.