[ebooktalk] WILLIAM GOLDING

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:53:45 +0100

Hi

Rites of Passage is the first in the series. The second is Close Quarters
and the third is, I think, Fire Down Below. I enjoyed the first but found
the second rather hard going and haven't got around to the third yet.

From his other books I would recommend Pincher Martin. It's hard to say what
it is about but I remember finding the end rather shocking. The inheritors
was another I really enjoyed about what happens when an intelligent race
meets a far superior intelligence. It is rather sad because it is told from
the point of view of the loser but Golding gets you on their side.

I did not enjoy the Pyramid or Scorpion God. They do not seem to have left
an impression.

Steve