[ebooktalk] "Verse and Worse"

  • From: Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 08:54:17 +0100

Hi Steve and Everyone

I am slightly confused. I remembered "Verse and Worse", vaguely, so I
googled it and found it on Project Guttenberg. I have attached a copy
for anyone interested.

But Steve said it contained some World War 2 poetry. Unless it was
reprinted after the war, this could not be possible as Harry Graham died
in 1936. The version I have found does not contain "The D Day Dodgers"
or "Bloody Orkney", which I know as songs, but I have not googled them
yet.

Harry Graham also wrote "Ruthless Rhymes for Heartless Homes" which was
part of my childhood.

Pele
--
Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>