[ebooktalk] Re: Tom Sharp

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:42:47 +0100

Like everyone else, I have read and loved "Wilt", though I haven't read the others in the series. I thought the book of "Porterhouse Blue" was funnier than the TV dramatisation, even though I read the book after I'd seen the TV version. I didn't much like "Blot On The Landscape", but as I read it when my mum was ill, just before she died, this is hardly surprising. I read an earlier novel, set in South Africa, written I think when he was still living there. I can't remember its title, but it was a send-up of the South African police force and was very funny!

Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>