[ebooktalk] Re: Three Men In A Boat

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:55:24 +0100

Clare, I remember that we read this book in our English class, and the whole form were in hysterics! Elaine Owens was trying to read aloud, and couldn't do it for laughing. Unfortunately, though, the humour tapers off about halfway through and the author just goes into descriptive passages about the thames which, after the humour in the first half, are just dull and boring. I don't think we read the whole thing at school, but I've read it subsequently and was very disappointed.

Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>