[ebooktalk] Re: This Bleeding City.

  • From: "Trish" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:17:42 +0100

Clare, It wasn't the sex I hated about "King of the badgers", it was the
horrible characters, and the lack of plot.  I had little sympathy with any
of the characters, and the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere much.  I
have often thought I should try an Alan Hollinghurst, but reading yours and
David's comments about his books, I'm now not so sure.  as far as murder and
violence is concerned, I'm really softening up, and shy away from anything
involving either.  Having said that, the book I'm reading at the moment has
a murder in it, but it is integral to the plot.
Trish.