[ebooktalk] Re: This Bleeding City.

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:07:29 +0100

Shell, I agree with a lot of what you say. I couldn't find any redeeming feature in Charlie at all, and couldn't see why he felt so superior to Jo, when she was by far the better person. Vero waas disgusting, what with her smelly hair, and seemed a thoroughly selfish person as well. I can't imagine what they all saw in her. All in all, I didn't much enjoy this book because most people in it were such a waste of space and their lifestyle was so destructive and worthless. I'd have liked a bit more about some of the more minor characters from the office, such as Euphonium, and to have seen the relationship with Madison work out differently. But really I didn't care enough about the main characters, and I find reading about people doing drugs very difficult, and get quite bored with reading about people drinking, though of course it's very true to life, so I suppose we have to read about it. It doesn't make for much in the way of plot, though. Clare