[ebooktalk] The Slap.

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:53:33 +0100

I really did not enjoy The Slap. By the end of the book I could not care less
what any of them did or thought.
I find I can't abide books which depend on going into the deep psychology of
what everyone is thinking and pages of anxt about who should sleep with who and
why.  The minute pulling apart of all the relationships and self analysis just
seems so tedious to me.  We read it for our book club and no one really liked
it apart from one lady who loved it.  The same lady loved Freedom by Jonathan
Franzen, which had the same effect on the rest of us.