[ebooktalk] Re: Seika mini braille display.

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:00:54 +0100

Ian

This is fairly normal for braille displays. They seem to be designed
primarily as devices for accessing computers and rely on the software to
provide the braille in whatever format the user requires. If you want to use
the machine for just reading then it is up to you to provide the braille in
the format you want. You only seem to get the ability to translate between
grades if you pay the £4,000 or more for a braille notetaker.

Neither the Seika mini nor any of the Esys range does the translation. Of
course, it is also true that if you write notes on these machine then you
have to write in perfect braille so that it can be translated by PC or
whatever software.

Steve