[ebooktalk] STEPHEN KING MY LAST WORD FOR NOW

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:40:00 +0100

Just to wrap up my contribution on this.  If people are genuinely interested in
giving him a go but are put off by the horror tag, then go to Delores
Claiborne.  there's a pretty good reading of it by Laurel Lethko in the TB
library.  If,like me you're already a fan but have been avoiding the Dark Tower
series, give them a go.  I read them all within about 4 months of starting.
there's no question that at times as the series progresses, King ends up some
way up his own backside, but given what happened to him at the time - he was
seriously injured while walking near his home by a passing motorist - that's
not altogether surprising.  Finally, if, also like me, you've been avoiding the
Richard Bachman books, give them a go too.  Having now read them all, I'm about
to move on to something else.