[ebooktalk] Re: Rosamund Lupton.

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 04:38:37 +1000

Ian, I can understand your doubts with Geraldine brooks' Anna but since the
narrator - by the end of the book and the perspective from which she is
telling the story - is no mere seventeenth-century cook. Her education grows
along with the book.

For the record, Geraldine Brooks is Australian, started out as a reporter
and her first book was non-fiction on Moslem women,  married to Anthony
(Tony) Horrowitz; not sure if he is English but is well-known for his
children's fiction (which I have not read) and they live in America though I
think spend a fair amount of time in the UK.

I loved the language; to me that was part of the thrill of the book; many of
the words I think you would find only in a mediaeval dictionary.

However, only you can know if a book is for you.

Take care,

Elaine