[ebooktalk] Re: Rochester.

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:48:18 +0100

Oh yes, Can't remember who was doing the reading now. I don't think many of
us liked it then.

However, I have now read most of Jane Austen and really enjoyed some of
them. I don't know why kids get Austen to study at school particularly as
most of them no longer study the relevant period of history. It really
doeshelp to know something about the manners and circumstances of the times
as there is quite a lot of satire in some of them.

Steve