[ebooktalk] RECENT GOOD READ

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 15:16:01 +0100

Over last weekend I read The Midnight Swimmer by Edward Wilson, yet another
Kindle app cheapy.  Set against a cold war background in 1960 and 61, it's
based on a fictional hypothesis about the role of a British intelligence agent
in the Cuban Missile Crisis.  It features fictional appearances by real
characters including Che Guivara, Harold McMillan and one Kennedy brother.  I
liked it because it was well written and was an interesting take on Recent
history.  Today's bargain, by the way, is Wounds of Honour by andrew Richards
which is the first in a series of books about a soldier serving on the Roman
Wall.  At £1.49, I'm tempted to get it.