[ebooktalk] Re: READING

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:58:04 +0100

Shell

Have you read Barbara Kingsolver's Bean Tree. That is about a girl who
acquires a child and decides to keep it. In fact, she goes to a great deal
of trouble to do so. Yes, it is rather improbable but it makes a good story.

Steve

From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
Instead I've started The Son by Philip Meyer which looks much more
promising.  Meanwhile via the Kindle app I'm reading Empires of the Sea by
Roger Crowley which is a non-fiction account of the Muslim/Christian sea
battles in the Mediterranean during the early 16th century.  Very readable
narrative history.