[ebooktalk] Re: Philip Hensher

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:42:14 +0100

Ian, I had a feeling it would. Clare
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:41 PM
Subject: [ebooktalk] Re: Philip Hensher

All I'll say about that, clare is that it all comes together structurally in the end.
On 18 Jul 2013, at 14:36, Clare Gailans wrote:

Pele, I'm not sure that we ever did discover why Badgers. Oddly enough, I didn't find the jumping between characters and abandoning some of them a problem, perhaps because I like a bit of this as it happens in real life, if you see what I mean. However, I read a bit more of the Northern Clemency the other day and realised that this one jumps about in a rather disconcerting manner. For no reason that I could work out, we suddenly had a long reminiscence about Katherine wanting a dog when she was little, and how her family cured her of it. Just as suddenly we then jumped away from this again, very odd. Clare