[ebooktalk] Re: NON-FICTION

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:15:23 +1000

I have read a few musical and entertainment/acting biographies; yes, some
better than others. The unauthorised ones vary in quality quite dramatically
and, as pointed out, some of the autobiographies can be overly
self-indulgent.

Roy Hattersley's family histories read like novels and his book on his
political years is also excellent though years since I read it and cannot
recall its title.

And of course the Jennifer Worth books on which the "Call the Midwife" TV
series was based are also essentially non-fiction. She has written more
based on her hospital nursing years.

Take care,

Elaine