[ebooktalk] MY CURRENT BOOK

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:32:44 +0100

On the kindle I currently have on the go She rises, by Kate worsley.  Luke and
Louise are brother and sister and from near Harwich.  The boy is press ganged
into the navy and the girl is sent to be lady's maid to Rebeca, the daughter of
a sea captain.  Alternating chapters follow their individual stories leading, I
suspect, to an eventual reunion.  It's a little difficult to go into more
detail about the plot without giving it away, but let's just say the
relationship between Louise and her mistress takes a turn which is not entirely
unexpected.  Meanwhile Luke finds himself the subject of attentions of one of
the officers on the ship.  It's a very easy and engaging read, but I'm getting
to the point where I want to just finish it now.