[ebooktalk] MORE GENERAL READING

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 20:53:31 +0100

Before settling on theMcewan, I had tried starting a number of other books.
One of these was the recently uploaded Mark billingham but I found its tone and
style rather banal.  In the end, looking for something reliable I went for book
4 in John connolly's Charlie Parker series.  These are well written and
popuylated with interesting characters, often damaged like Parker himself.
they also mix rye humour with the macabre.  I've done 90 pages of this one and
am enjoying it very much.  Then waiting in the wings is Year Of wonders, a book
which draws my interest.