[ebooktalk] Re: Liking/disliking authors

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 18:24:01 +0100

Oh yes, of course, Antonia White. I've read them and am amazed that I had forgotten, or couldn't bring to mind when you wanted it, the fact that she changed the girl's name from Nanda to Clara. I particularly liked the Sugar House, though the name is a bit icky. Elaine, there are three earlier Gemma books if you can stand Lydia for that long, I felt she often needed a good smack. I have Far to Go in my huge scanning mountain. The Painted Garden is not one I remember with particular affection, but in general I don't do so well with her showbiz children. Having said that, I've just scanned, and will soon have corrected as best I can without actually reading it, the Summer of the Silent Hands by Rosemary Weir, which is about a famous child pianist, and which I think I'm going to love. I'll send it to anyone who wants it, though I suspect this won't be all the list. Though there is always the delete key. Same with the other Gemma books which Voldi did for me. Clare