[ebooktalk] Re: Liking/disliking authors

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:47:16 +1000

Thank you for the reminder, Clare; I must read the Streatfield
autobiographies. Have just read three of her children's books:
"Far to Go", "Goodbye Gemma" and "The Painted garden". Didn't enjoy the
latter as much, too much family jealousy, though good to meet two of the
Fossil sisters again, last encountered when "Ballet Shoes" was read to us at
primary school.
There is a simplicity, innocence and optimism about her work, though I
wouldn't say simplistic.

Take care,

Elaine