[ebooktalk] Re: Language In Books

  • From: Voldi Gailans <vgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:41:58 +0100

Hi Trish and all,

I find such titles as Cider with Roadies very off-putting as it seems to me the author is distorting another author's title to make sales. I'm not that keen on comic titles either as the author seems to be saying aren't I funny before I've even read a word of it. I prefer a non-descript title and to discover the secrets of the book, with no clues whatsoever. I hate reading synopses.

Best wishes,

Voldi

At 23:40 11/06/2013, you wrote:
David, I enjoyed "Cider With Roadies" (Despite the corny title) but couldn't get on with "Pies And Prejudice". I thought it was too contrived.
Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>