[ebooktalk] Jane Rogers.Re: My January-February book

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:39:36 -0000

    I am really interested to know what everyone thought of Mr. Wroe's Virgins.
You always pick such interesting books for us to read Clare.
I admit that when I read the description of the book I didn't really fancy it
and when I started to read it I thought I wasn't going to like it.  But I
carried on because I know that I always have a negative feeling towards books
with religious themes.  I quite quickly got into all the different characters
and found the whole story fascinating, especially when I found out later that
it was all based on fact.  I was surprised how late the book was set. I must
have missed at the beginning and thought it was more in the 16 or 17 hundreds
until I saw a few more clues.  So interesting to read how oppressed the women
were at that time.  I hated the hunchback, he was so manipulating and I wished
he had been punished more for what he did.
Anyway, thanks for picking such a good book Clare, I thoroughly enjoyed reading
it.