[ebooktalk] Re: Iain Banks

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:14:32 +0100

David, thanks very much for the two recent books. I have read one or two Ann Granger, remember enjoying her but not being set on fire. I have just finished At Risk by Stella Rimington - wasn't she the boss of MI5? I found it quite a page-turner. I have now started Carrie by Stephen King, which I am enjoying, though the spookiest is yet to come, I should think. I have also got hold of Dolores Clayborne on Ian's recommendation. I also passed part of my travel time on Saturday listening to Quartet, recently provided by David. Wonderful cast, so I was not disappointed. In the days when I came across Billy Conolly's comedy, I didn't like him, but he was excellent in this part. Clare