[ebooktalk] Re: Hemingway, Joyce and Grisham.

  • From: "Tar Barrels" <tar.barrels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:42:28 +0100

Shell, having done bereavement counselling, Harold read to me as though the
author had gone through the manual and planned the book like that. My main
criticism of the book was that it left nothing to the imagination, so
perhaps it was just something I knew too much about. But I don't mean to say
it was crude or poorly written - I don't think it was. In all honesty,
although I liked Harold, I think I'm far more interested in the spikey
characters in a story, rather than the really nice ones.
June

  _____