[ebooktalk] Re: Grammar Question

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 20:37:58 +0100

I don't always understand apostrophes. I try my best, but appologise if I get
it wrong some times. I am reading a book at the moment called The Waiting Room
by F. G. Cottam. It's not a very good book, but strangely there aren't any
appostrophied words, which sounds really odd. It's set in modern day and the
bloke being haunted is a retired rock star, so it sounds really out of place
when he says "I did not" or "I was not". It's really off-putting and just
sounds all wrong.  I don't know if it's supposed to make it sound more like a
traditional ghost story, but it gets the thumbs down from me.