[ebooktalk] Re: Grammar Question

  • From: "CJ & AA MAY" <chrisalis.may@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 18:19:02 +0100

I trained as a shorthand typist when typewriters were still in common use.
Many of my jobs were boring but I would enhance my days by making sure the
documents I produced were well laid out.
My daughter, some 20-odd years later also trained as a secretary but by now
computers were in common use. I was appalled to learn that paragraphs are no
longer indented, the sendee and recipient's addresses just hugging the
lefthand margin, headings no longer centred and that in her office at least
it was quite acceptable to use apostrophied words.
Alison