[ebooktalk] Re: GEOFFREY ARCHER was AN OLD FAVOURITE

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:35:23 +0100

I have found some Archers impossible to put down, though it's some years since I read him and there are an awful lot unread. Odious little man is about right, June, even his voice just oozes self-importance which I hate more than anything, and isn't there a lot of it about? I have read a few Folletts, but been rather underwhelmed. Perhaps I've been choosing the wrong ones - Pillars of the Earth which hasn't inspired me to go on to the sequel, Night Over Water and Whiteout. I enjoyed N over W more than the others of these. If Jackdaws is set during the last war I'll give that a go some time, as it's a period I enjoy. What are the titles of the 20th Century sagas of Follett and Archer? I might try them as, unadventurous though perhaps it is, most of my reading is 20th Century and I do like a family. Clare