[ebooktalk] Re: FOLLOW UP ON BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS

  • From: "David Russelll" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:53:07 +0100

I always make a note of book recommendations and who recommended them.  I do
not always get around to reading them, or at least not immediately.  There
are always books I know I wish to read, and sometimes others slip down the
list.  I do tend to know whose recommendations are likely to appeal, and
make a particular note of a book I did not expect to like and found it
really worth reading.

I am currently reading the new Elizabeth George.  I used to love her books,
but the last three or four in her series have not thrilled me too much.
This new one is rather slow and is 720 pages long, so is becoming tedious.

The booker winner might well be next, but that is even longer so I just
might find something shorter before I tackle that one.

David