[ebooktalk] Re: Death of Derrick Longden

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 10:23:42 +0100

Trish, you have put your finger on why I don't like Deric Longden. Whimsical never works for me. Besides which I found the way he wrote about his blind wife rather unpleasant, though I'm sure it was fondly meant. Along the lines of I had to hurry home as otherwise Aileen would be trying to make tea and pouring it all over the floor. Perhaps she really is that sort of blind person, but would you want it put in a book if you were? None of this stops him from being a lovely man, I'm sure, but I am stopping at two books, or perhaps it was three. Clare