[ebooktalk] CUCKOO CALLING

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:22:57 +0100

HI all

I have almost finished reading the Cuckoo Calling. For fans of detective
stories it is a really good read. I would never have guessed that JK Rowling
had written it.

It is set in a modern day London which seems to be very accurately described
- even down to the detective's liking for a currently fashionable real ale.
The characters are well drawn and believable - some are over the top but we
are dealing with the world of supermodels and celebrities.

At over 10 hours into a 15 hour book I suspect I know how the murder has
been committed but I am still rather in the dark as to motive and who has
done the deed. A few hours to sort it out in.

I am not one of those people who fills cheated if I haven't reached the same
conclusion as the author by the end of the book. I often do work things out
but sometimes I don't try very hard preferring to just enjoy the story and
be surprised by the ending. I have one friend who feels cheated if he
doesn't solve the crime before the end of the book.

Steve