[ebooktalk] Back to blood

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:00:27 -0000

Hi all

Have just finished the Tom wolfe book and I have to say it was a bit of a
slog.

There were moments of brilliant writing, but not enough moments to make this
a worthwhile read.  Tom has always been rather keen on sex scenes, and he
does tend to go a little more over the top with each book.  It is certainly
a preoccupation in back to blood.  The most annoying habit he seems to have
picked up is repeating phrases when he wants to make a particular point.
Once or twice is not enough, so he hass to say something three or more
times.  Quite funny once, but annoying after a while.

I believe Wolfe is now 75, and I rather hope he might call it a day as far
as writing is concerned.  I feel his best novels are behind him.

David