[ebooktalk] Re: BOOKS FROM CHILDHOOD

  • From: "CJ & AA MAY" <chrisalis.may@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 17:27:47 +0100

My sharpest memories of childhood books were
Black Beauty
Treasure Island (probably one of the last books I read in print and in my
mind's eye I can still see the bright colours of the pictures),
101 Dalmatians (which I recall my mother reading to my 4-year-old brother on
the beach and, although my sister and I were 12 or 10 years older than him
respectively, we all thoroughly enjoyed the book).
Esop's Fables (which I have just re-ordered).
Grimm's Fairy Tales (again, I can still see the pictures in my mind).
I can't recall which books I learned to read with but they were probably
Ladybird books.
Alison