[ebooktalk] Re: BERNARD CORNWELL

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:56:01 +0100

Hi Steve,
I haven't read any from the Saxon series, but I have often thought about trying
them. I really enjoy listening to Bernard Cornwell whenever I hear him on the
radio.  I agree with Ian, that I didn't enjoy the Sharpe series as much as some
of his other books. The first couple I read in the series did seem to lurch
from one battle scene to another and I'm not very keen on battle history.
However, I did wonder if perhaps that got better as the series went on.  I have
read one of his modern stand alone books, an eco thriller called Storm Child,
set on a boat, but I thought it was a bit daft and think he is better sticking
to historical novels. I quite enjoyed Stone henge, though I often find his
books a bit over long and sometimes quite heavy going.  I would like to read
Azincourt as I heard an interview about it and it sounded quite thrilling.