[ebooktalk] Re: BEATLES BOOK AGAIN

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 12:56:49 +0100

They were one of the loudest bands around in the 60s alison.  As for The
Animals, I have a tale or two to tell about my encounters with them.  One of
them concerns a book, Eric Burden's autobiography, I used to Be an animal But
I'm All right Now.  I used to take advantage of my visits to London on In Touch
presenting duty in the 80s to pick up celeb interviews for my local radio show.
 So one afternoon I met Eric at The Russel Hotel in Russel Square.  In classic
radio interview style I wanted him to read some of the book aloud which also
let him know that I'd actually read it.  I put on my LVA to find the passages
I'd marked and he said, "Oh, you've got radical problems with your eyes then".
I didn't remind him that on our previous meeting he'd been very much more
grumpy towards me.