[ebooktalk] Re: BEATLES

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 09:48:18 -0000

Oh! Dear! Like Trish I thought I was through with Beatles books but it
sounds as if it is going to have to be added to the list.

When reading books about the 'fifties and 'sixties it always amazes me just
how much we didn't know then. This is certainly true of the 'news' of the
day but it is also true of the music and I suspect books. I am still
regularly finding pop and classical gems that I never heard when they first
appeared. This does not surprise me for the classical music as I really did
not take a lot of interest at the time but I am surprised by the pop music.
I always knew what the pirate stations were playing, regularly listened to
AFN and several other stations from around Europe but I still missed quite a
lot.

Steve