[ebooktalk] Re: A few thoughts

  • From: Clare Gailans <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:36:19 +0000

Sorry not to have answered, but my computer hard drive died and I am using Eudora on Voldi's machine which is new to me. I think it would be a shame to lose our discussions and reading books together, but wouldn't want David to have hassle from running the group. Could we carry on on a reply all basis rather than a formal list? Those who want to, of course. I also agree with Shell that to be able to talk about any books would be good, and other things within reason. I think all of us here are really dedicated book people, not just looking for somewhere to chat and be a bit irritating, which applies to a few on the other list, though not all of course. Mind you, we have had some really good discussions on Bookworms recently, particularly the Boy in Striped Pyjamas. ClareAt 08:50 25/03/2013, you wrote:

Hi everyone

This list has been very quiet of late, and I am wondering whether it is
worth carrying on.  I am also having trouble with uninvited people trying to
infiltrate the list, which might leave us open to spam and/or viruses.

I would welcome views of other members as to whether you wish to continue.
Maybe our chosen books have not been popular or maybe there was little
worthy of discussion.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

David