[ebooktalk] Re: 2 Brothers.

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:05:19 -0000

I enjoyed this book too. I have read Dead Famous, which I enjoyed much more than I expected to, as I hate Big Brother and the like. I have also read Past Mortem which was so-so, and couldn't finish Inconceivable which I just found annoying. This was a much more thoughtful book, and it was interesting to read about his family connection with the story. I remember using history books at school by Geoffrey Elton, fancy his being Ben's uncle! You wanted to scream at them to get out of the country, but I'm sure it's right that things happened much more slowly than it seems to us, reading history many years later, that they did. No one will have believed things were quite as bad as the horror stories. I liked the characterisation, though I got a little bogged down in the identity-swapping, and couldn't explain all the twists to anybody else. Clare