[ebooktalk] 2 Brothers.

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 11:06:00 -0000

I enjoyed this book so much. I've only read 1 Ben Elton before, which was a
sort of Big Brother spoof and that was brilliant too, but in a totally
different style.
The characters were fantastic, the 2 boys were so different and yet the
relationship between them was so strong that it weathered their competativness
for Dagma.
Dagma was such an awful person. I appreciate that it was her circumstances that
had shaped her into that character, but really she was quite unbareable. Silk
was by far the best of the 2 girls and yet she never really got what she wanted
and ended up betrayed at the end.
I felt that Ben Elton really captured the feeling of the average Jewish family
as war approached. At the beginning no one thought things would get so bad and
the book described how the restrictions and eventual murders of the Jews came
at different stages.
Hope everyone else enjoyed it as well. I must read some more of his books.