[eastrc] East RC Late Dec News & Goodies...

  • From: "Your Name" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eastrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:18:46 -0600

Many of you don't know who we are, so I put a little info and some
pics together of our shop (www.eastrc.org). I've been into modelling
since the late 60's, and flying R/C since the mid-70's. Both of my
sons and wife (along with several other folks) work at East R/C. Chris
(son) has been flying since about '93 and spent a bit of time as a
Hobby-Lobby employee, until coming home this year to help with East
R/C startup. Brandon (son) has been in and out for about 8 years, and
has about a year of steady flying under the belt. We started this
business next to our motorcycle company of nearly 10 years, ScootWorks
early this year. This allowed us to come out of the hole with a mature
purchasing, receiving shipping, A/P, etc operation, able to deal with
internet sales & shipping in addition to conventional retail.

East R/C is steadily growing...our new Zebulon store is packed so
tight, one has to turn sideways to walk between the isles. More space
is coming in the near future (new building coming available next to
our other buildings on Vance street), so things can be more
comfortable for the retail customers. We now stock aircraft from micro
to giant scale...models like Extra 260, Extra 330L, and Yak are in
stock in 25%, 30%, and 35% size. LOTS of AIRPLANES.

Our helicopter lineup is growing. We decided to get a heli, then stock
all of the parts for it. Once that models is completely supported, we
move on and pick another. This way, what ever you buy to fly, we have
the parts to repair and/or hop it up. we carry the famous V3-Lama
Helicopter, Falcon 3-D, Belt-CP EP Heli, RCER DRAGONUS II N-Plus 3D
Heli Kit (a true heli KIT), and the Venom Micro heli. T-Rex & parts
are coming next...

The shop is PACKED with hardware...over 15,000 packs of hardware
alone. Building materials from balsa, carbon, ply, birch, nylon, and
foam are here. Radio gear, flight packs, servos, replacement servo
gear sets, batteries (NiCd, NiMH, NiMa, LiPo, etc) of all sizes from
100ma to 50005c1p, charges, balancers, etc, etc.

I've put a small tour of our cramped showroom, shipping, receiving,
etc together. It can be seen at
http://www.eastrc.org/storepics/phpslideshow.php

We just received a LOAD of CleverBoy's (CB-35) in time for the
Christmas Specials. We have them in 4 colors, and available as ARF or
ARF+Combo. They're marked down a good bit for this sale, and include
free shipping in the lower 48. Go to www.eastrc.org and click on the
blue 'Christmas Sale' image to see the scoop on them.

Brandon now has the Vess Clock up in the Christmas Specials section of
the site at www.eastrc.org . You can click on the pic of it there, and
see the full page of stuff and more pics he put together for it. These
slick clocks just arrived in the shop, yesterday (12/6).

There have been another pile of 'in stock' aircraft, parts, & tools
added to the site at eastrc.org . All of us have been burning the
candle at both ends and the middle, trying to get the site finished
(but _still_ have a long ways to go). Visit the site, click on "Shop
Online", then click on the Helicopter and R/C Airplanes sections to
see the new airplanes and heli's.

We now have the SIG Kadet Seniors, wing kits, and some covering from
Sig in stock. We are also picking up the new line of SIG engines, and
have some in house now.

There have been several new pics from customers added to the site. Go
to eastrc.org and click on [Photo Gallery].

Chris has been busy adding pics and videos. Go to the site at
eastrc.org and click on [Media/Press]. You'll find several new videos,
pics, and a photo diary of a recent road trip to Tenn.

We now have mechanical and air retracts in stock and on the website...
Go to www.eastrc.org, click on [Shop Online], and look in
the "Supplies" section. Among other things, you'll find "Landing
Gears, Tail Gears, Nose Gears, Retracts, etc"

In the AIRCRAFT -> FOAMIES section, you'll find several new foamies
including the "Matt Chapman Cap 580 Foamie ", "R/C Universe Bipe
Foamie ", "Extra 260 Foamie ", and the "MIG-29 Foamie Parkjet ".

We now have 40" Long CF in stock, and it's listed in the SUPPLIES ->
SYNTHETICS: section.

A new section has been added to the SHOP ONLINE -> R/C AIRCRAFT area
tagged as "Balsa Kits". We're beginning to have more full wood kits in
stock, and they will be categorized in this new area.

There are now over 100 aircraft and helicopter models in stock, and we
typically stock several units of each model. Go to the R/C Aircraft
section of our catalog (Shop Online) and look around a bit to see
what's new!

Dave; www.eastrc.org