[duxuser] unsubscribe

  • From: Paré, Guy (ED01) <Guy.Pare@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:58:05 -0300

Guy Paré, enseignant itinérant pour élèves ayant un handicap visuel. PAR
École Mathieu-Martin 511 rue Champlain, Dieppe, N.-B. E1A 1P2
Téléphone: 506.850.9817
Télécopieur: 506.8562966

This book can also be found at bookshare.org

don

>>> Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx> 5/2/2007 12:36 AM >>>

Thank you to those who participated in my search fro the drawing book by
Marie Porter. Special thanks to the listers who actually found the book.
For anyone who is still interested, please write to me privately and I
will be glad to send the file I received which is an MSWord document.
For those not familiar with the book, it describes a method for producing
tactile drawings using a Perkins Brailler. The resulting pictures are
called Braillables. This method of graphics production could be useful to
both blind and sighted persons and needs to be preserved. It may also be
possible to adapt the method for use on a Braille embosser for simple
one-layer images.
Anyway, my heart-felt thanks to those who assisted in the search.
The Guild fo the Blind who distributed the book is no longer interested in
it. I'm not positive but I think the author has passed away.
Catherine