[duxuser] Re: indents - why don't they don't come in with Word importer

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:39:51 -0400

If tab markers are used in word files, those tab markers are
recognized by DBT when you import any Word file that contains tab
markers.  The [>] code is used to mark a tab marker in the DBT file.

However, if someone has designed a template in word that contains a
paragraph style that automatically indents the first line to column 5,
as far as I am aware, DBT will  not recognize the indent as being a
tab marker, as if that person had actually pressed the TAB key to
place a physical tab marker in the Word document.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber