[duxuser] Re: importing Braillenote brf files in to DBT?

  • From: "Larry W. Honaker" <LHonaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:54:43 -0400

Thanks Terri.

-----Original Message-----
From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Terri Pannett
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:07 AM
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Re: importing Braillenote brf files in to DBT?

Dear Larry,

You can import .brf files created on a BrailleNote into DBT, by doing the
following:

1.  Be sure your page length and width are the same.

2.  Open the files as if they were Duxbury coded braille.  Your data should
be intact and you won't receive the error messages.  To do this tab to the
import filter and arrow down to Duxbury Coded Braille.

3.  When the file is open, you will notice a blank line at the top.  Just
delete it.

4.  Turn on the coded view.  You will notice that paragraph codes show, but
line endings don't.  If you want, you can add to the ends of each paragraph
by searching for the paragraph codes and replacing them with line and
paragraph codes.

5.  If your DBT page numbers aren't showing press control home and home left
arrow.  There may be codes which are causing the page numbers to be hidden.
Delete those codes.

6.  Although simple styling will be preserved, automatic indents and hard
page breaks won't be preserved, so you'll have to add what styles you want.

7.  If your file contains a line of grade II braille followed by a line of
braille music notation then your file should be readable as a .brf file,
provided you had the ASCII export option on your BN set up to export your
file in lines.

I know this all sounds complicated, but I've done this quite often over the
years and this method seems to work.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California