[duxuser] Re: editing a table of contents revisited

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:20 -1000

Landa,
I do binders for board meetings and like often. One of the things my clients find helpful is to use tabbed dividers to separate the sections. Just a thought...
Betsy

At 04:52 AM 3/29/2005, you wrote:

Hi Again,

Let me try and be more clear.  Aunt Flo is nowhere in this room.  I'm not
trying to take away information; I'm just trying to make it easier to find
the necessary information.  This particular document is a meeting packet.
What I've done is to combine several documents into one book for easier
mailing and transport.  I'm trying to make it easier to find something like
the agenda or the minutes easily.  My contents I have made myself reads
Agenda and then the page number with the leader.  My generated contents will
read as follows:

Full Council Meeting
April 13, 2005
State College - Penn Stater Conference Center
Agenda

This is not all necessary in the contents page.  I tried just applying the
h1 style to the word Agenda and using shift f6 to center the rest, but it
looks strange to me because of the skipped lines.  As a blind person myself,
I prefer the shorter table of contents entry myself in this case.  If there
were two agendas, of course there'd have to be some differentiation.  I just
want to know if this can be done.  If not, then I must go back to making my
own.  Thanks.