[duxuser] creating an outline inh Word and importing it into dBT

  • From: dean martineau <deamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:33:15 -0700

I am confused, possibly about how to create an outline in Word and then how to import one into DBT. I sent approximately this question to DBT tech support and received no answer to it, so maybe it is unanswerable?

to illustrate, I created a five-paragraph Word document. The first paragraph was in list, the second and third in list2, the fourth in list3, and the fifth in list styles. This is my understanding of how one creates an outline in Word, but I confess to not understanding the effect of setting the various outline levels in the Paragraph dialog box off Word's Format menu.

Even if my understanding of outline creation is defective, I could imagine using the process I describe to create some kind of stepped list. The results obtained when importing this sample document into DBT are a little odd. I understand some of them, but are they really the results we want?

The first paragraph imports to the list. style.

Then we get a blank line (as the style dictates,) and the second paragraph imports into lutline.

The third paragraph, identical in style to the second, imports to outline level 2.

the fourth goes to outline level 3.

Then we get a blank line and return to list. since the fifth is in list style.

Are all the problems here with my assumptions and expectations, or is there something needing alteration?

If I wanted to create an outline in Word and have it imported into DBT, how would I do it?

Dean

Dean

For the Baha'i Perspectives Radio Archive: <http://www.bahai-perspectives.org>
For information about Sound Computing magazine or Top Dot tutorials: <http://www.sound-computing.com>