[duxuser] Re: adding styles

  • From: "David P. Rosenfeld" <drosenfe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:06:22 -0500

Hello, Fina.

Go to the document menu, add styles, enter a name in the "new style name" edit
box, tab twice to the "choose style for basis" field, arrow down to the style
from which you want to borrow, and press enter.  You will now be in a dialogue
box with two edit boxes, one for opening codes and the second for closing
codes.  When you have modified it to your liking, tab to OK and press enter.
You do not have to copy anything.  Just modify what is there.

As George pointed out a couple of days ago, the new style will only exist in
the current document.  If you want it to be available globally, you need to
create a new template, and this was also covered by George in his previous
e-mail.

David Rosenfeld, City of Toronto

>>> fina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/31/02 08:20am >>>
Good morning Duxters,

If you reveal codes and look at the codes to a particular style you like
and want to see how that style was created, how can one do that?

I like a couple of styles that were created in a document and went to the
"add a style" in my documents menu but all it did, was to ask me for the
style name.  I want to go see what was typed in those areas so i can create
these same styles.

Thanks - fina