[duxuser] Very interesting back translation

  • From: "Foxworth, Ann" <Ann.Foxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:16:29 -0500

Whenever I run across a word that has been back-translated in Duxbury
and is presented in such an unusual way, I am reminded why back
translating is just not a viable option.  The word alacrity back
translates as alacrossity.  Also, the word acryllic back translates as
acrossylic.  Since the letters a c r come together in these two words,
Duxbury translates them as the contraction for the word across (acr).
Ann Foxworth, Braille Consultant
Div. for Blind Services
4800 N. Lamar BLVD
Austin, TX 78756