[duxuser] Re: Still, more puzzled!

  • From: Fina <fina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:50:04 -0600

Hi again George,

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused; or at least i think i am.

Here's the deal:

1. the headings such as Appetizers, Salads, etc. are fine. They center beautifully and I have no problem with that.

2. We then have the items under the appetizer heading for example. The first menu item is "Chile con Queso" without the quots of course! and its price. That's also fine.

3. We then have item two which in this case, is: "Queso Compuesto and its price. (All the prices in all these items have the dot leaders that take the price of the item to the right end of the page). This item, as with many of the other items, has a description below it. I of course, want the item name and it's price to start at the margin; however, sometimes, the name of the item is to long and i have to split it up, putting maybe one or two words and the price on the second line and the description below that. Get the picture??

So, now, what's happening with this new style we created, is that in the first directions you gave me, we decided to maybe use the "h1" style for the menu item and its price and the "m5" style for the description. This seemed to work okay, but when i'd go to the third item, in this case, "(M) Rajas con Queso" (this is the perfect example of a title I have to split up with part of the name on the first line and the last one or two words and price on the second line); what is happening here, is that when I arrowed down to apply my h1 style to that title, i noticed that the title was indented five spaces in. According to the reveal codes, the titles, prices and descriptions above this item were right; however, when i tried to take this last item back to the margin, I would delete the spaces to the left of the (M), it totally messed all that other stuff up. It didn't matter that according to the reveal codes, nothing was in the way. So, guys, go figure!!!

and George, to heck with the coffee!! I think I need at least two rum and cokes!!! <grins> They might make me see better!! <lal>

fina

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *