[duxuser] Re: Scientific Notebook

  • From: "Kaari Parrish" <kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:17:36 -0900

I'm glad you're asking about this. I, too, am a new user of Scientific
Notebook. I'm 3 chapters into an algebra textbook, and have run into a small
problem that I can't figure out how to fix.

      What I'm doing: The book was scanned and put onto disk for me. I then
run it through Omnipage to turn it into a text file and save it as
"formatted text". Then to S.N. to get all the math correct, then into
Duxbury.

      The problem: in Duxbury, every single line has a <para.> code to it.
This has totally messed up the formatting of the braille. For some reason,
it won't let me do a "search and replace" on the code. I've tried getting
rid of it manually and that removes all formatting.

       So-what do I do now? Do I save it as something else in Omnipage to
start with? Can I do something within S.N.? How do I get rid of the extra
unwanted codes but keep the ones that are supposed to be there?

     So far I've been removing all the extra garbage manually, but it's a
real pain in the backside and I'd really love for somebody to tell me an
easier way to do this.

    Thanks lots.

Kaari

  _____