[duxuser] Re: Scientific Notebook

  • From: "Kaari Parrish" <kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:49:13 -0900

   Sorry. I should never have mentioned the fractions. I was trying to point
out that the fairly few math bits that Omnipage has problems with are very
easy to fix in Scientific Notebook. That is NOT, I repeat, NOT the problem.
    The problem is the FORMATTING. Somehow SN ends up with a "new paragraph"
indicator at the end of EVERY line and then sends it to Duxbury. I don't
want it to do that. For the problem sets in the book, I'm trying to put each
problem on a new line, and SN treats each one as a new paragraph, and then
so does Duxbury. I don't want it to do that either.
    I only mentioned Omnipage because I was wondering if saving the file as
a different type of file in the first place would help. I now don't think it
would, because whenever I try for a new line in SN, it automatically indents
it and I can't find anything in the manual or online help about how to make
it quit doing that.
    This is getting really frustrating...
Kaari