[duxuser] Re: Scientific Notebook

  • From: "Kaari Parrish" <kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:20:01 -0900

Good morning, George!

      Formulae seem to be fine, on the whole. Omnipage has problems with
fractions - it keeps thinking they're two separate lines of numbers, but
that's easy to fix. I've been going through the chapter and making sure that
anything mathematical is converted into math. I did a whole bunch of little
tests back-and-forth between SN and Duxbury to make sure I had that part
right. The conversion to braille is really good. The weirdness is just with
the formatting.

     If I have SN show the "invisibles" from the View menu, there's a
backwards P (Which is usually a new paragraph mark, in print) at the end of
every line. Is this because it was saved as a formatted text file in
Omnipage? But if I save it as a plain text file, I lose ALL the formatting,
and I really don't like the thought of dealing with a 100-page paragraph!

     My husband suggested having Omnipage save it as a Word file, and going
into SN from there, but Word & Duxbury & I don't get along well. Anything
going through Word to Dux drops random sentences (1 or 2 every print page),
and a lot of it has to be re-typed in.

     I've been through program manuals until I'm ready to scream, and can't
figure out what's happening. I really hope there's an easy way to fix this..

 (thank you!!!)

Kaari

  _____